Women-identifying & NB folk Online Get-together
Due to the changing conditions with COVID-19, we have again decided to move to an online meeting via a web-based application called Zoom. See below for more about what Zoom is.
This is an exciting and liberating opportunity to connect with other women and NB people on the spectrum, BYO cuppa! Age is no limit! All women-identifying & NB gender folk welcome. So let's come together online and have a general peer discussion to discuss how we've been managing, share ideas and concerns and ensure we find some calm in this situation.
Cost: $5 (AV Members) or $10 (Non-Members) Please do still register prior to attending with your registration. Email email@example.com if you need assistance to do this.
The get-together is facilitated by Aspie women, for Aspie women and is very informal. Once you have attended your first group you are able to join our Facebook group where we may organise catch-ups such as bushwalking in the Dandenongs and other shared passions, once lockdown is over! Aspergers Victoria volunteers with lived experience run all meetings and welcome new attendees.
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a program that allows video, web and audio conferencing.You can download it free onto your computer or phone/tablet. Or you can simply just dial in and participate via telephone. Download the AV Zoom Guide (pdf)
STEP 1: Before the Meeting: Make sure you download Zoom
Download onto your computer:
Download onto your phone / tablet:
- Visit https://zoom.us/download, locate Zoom Client for Meetings and click Download.
- Follow the download and installation prompts (you do not need admin access).
1. Go to the App store of your device (e.g. App Store or Google Play).
2. Search for Zoom
3. Download it, as per other apps.
STEP 2: At the Meeting time: Join the Zoom Meeting
1. Open up the Zoom application
1a. If using a computer - Go to "Settings", and do "Audio" -> "Sound and "Microphone" checks before you start.
2. Enter the Meeting ID you've been provided (in the confirmed registration email). The host will receive a 'door bell' that you are waiting and will admit you to the meeting.
Once you have entered the Zoom meeting room:
- Make sure that your microphone is muted
- Video - you can choose if its on or off (On = more internet used)
- When you want to talk - unmute microphone.
- Make sure 1 person talks at a time.
Participate via phone line only:
1. Dial in via one of these numbers: +61 3 7018 2005 Australia +61 8 7150 1149 Australia +61 2 8015 6011 Australia. Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ahxpuxnWU
2. Key in the Meeting ID (from your registration confirmed email).
More instructions of how to use Zoom in the meeting will be provided at the start of the meeting.
Contact Details: Emma at firstname.lastname@example.org emall preferred, or 0432 139 528
Getting There: No physical premises meeting this month, only the online meeting. See your Event Registration Confirmed email for the link to join.