Young Adults Hub: Online Peer Discussion Meet our pets & play online card games
Due to the changing conditions with COVID-19, we are again running an online meeting via the web-based application "Zoom". Our first online meeting for March was a great success, with nearly 20 people joining! Feedback from those who attended was that it was "fun and informative".
We came up with some great ideas for what we can do in the following groups, so for April's meeting we will: Introduce our pets and play online card games e.g. perhaps Cards Against Humanity was a popular vote! This peer meeting is for adults aged (minimum) 18 years -35 years old (approx.) with Aspergers (or Autism Spectrum Disorder level 1-2). This is a popular group where you can meet new friends, enjoy an environment with no social pressure and have an enjoyable night out! Looking forward to seeing you there!
Cost: $5 AV Members, $10 Non-Members Please book and pay online before attending, You will receive the link to join the meeting when your payment is done and you will receive a Event Confirmed email containing this link.
Please note the following about how our group runs:
This event is for Young Adults who are between the ages of 18-35 years.
This is a parent/carer-free zone.
New attendees will be made to feel comfortable and welcome by our peer leaders so please let us know if you are new.
The Zoom session will be facilitated by the Young Adult Mentor Team:
- Callan, Sunny, Eleanor & Tim - Volunteer Mentors
- Lyndel Kennedy, Young Adults Co-Facilitator
- Emma Howden. Groups Co-Ordinator
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a program that allows video, web and audio conferencing.You can download it free onto your computer or phone/tablet. Download the AV Zoom Guide (pdf)
STEP 1: Before the Meeting: Make sure you download Zoom
Download onto your computer:
Download onto your phone / tablet:
- Visit https://zoom.us/download, locate Zoom Client for Meetings and click Download.
- Follow the download and installation prompts (you do not need admin access).
1. Go to the App store of your device (e.g. App Store or Google Play).
2. Search for Zoom
3. Download it, as per other apps.
STEP 2: At the Meeting time: Log into Zoom
1. Open up the Zoom application
1a. If using a computer - Go to "Settings", and do "Audio" -> "Sound and "Microphone" checks before you start.
2. Enter the Meeting ID you've been provided (in the confirmed registration email). The host will receive a 'door bell' that you are waiting and will admit you to the meeting.
Participate via phone line only:
1. Dial in via one of these numbers: +61 3 7018 2005 Australia +61 8 7150 1149 Australia +61 2 8015 6011 Australia. Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ahxpuxnWU
2. Key in the Meeting ID (from your registration confirmed email).Once you have entered the Zoom meeting room:
More instructions of how to use Zoom in the meeting will be provided at the start of the meeting.
- Your microphone will be muted by default (to minimize background noise)
- Video - you can choose if its on or off (On = more internet used)
- When you want to talk - unmute microphone - click in your picture/device name thumbnail at top of the screen and select "unmute" to switch on your microphone.
- Try to time your contribution so that only 1 person talks at a time.
- If you want to contribute something but find it difficult to see a suitable pause, you can type your message, either to 'everyone' or to the person you wish to see it (private chat).
Contact Details: Emma at email@example.com emall preferred, or 0432 139 528
Getting There: On Zoom. You will receive the link when you complete your registration.