ASPERTEENS GRAFFITI ART NIGHT
Friday, 27th April 2018, 7 pm
Come join our popular monthly Teens group, for secondary students aged between 13 to 18 years.
Meet Aspergers peers during a Graffiti/Art based activity lead by our graffiti art expert Tommy, assisted by our trained peer mentors, while parents and carers get to catch up nearby.
Our young adult leaders Callan and Sunny encourage the new teens on the night and parent leaders support and welcome everyone to the group. Please don't forget to register/sign-in on arrival with Peter.
Costs: Free (to members of Aspergers Victoria)
| 7:00 - 9:00 pm - Doors open for registration at 6:50 pm
|Activity for Teens:
|Design / Art Activity with an artist, with a Board Games option if this doesn't appeal
|What to Bring:
Art / drawing / Design materials your teen likes to use.
Event if it's just a sketch pad and a good grey lead! Strengths approach welcome!
|Discussion Topic for Parents:
- Our Groups Co-Ordinator will provide a short outline on Aspergers Victoria's upcoming Work Experience Project pilot and our other plans;
- Our Parent Peer Leaders will seek your views on what your Teen's barriers are for finding work experience/part-time work or future work. This will be valuable data to guide our exciting project.
Aspergers Victoria volunteers with lived experience run all meetings and welcome new families. All group leaders have a Working With Children Check. Refer to our Groups page for more information.
Our teen attendees should be able function independently in the group setting, with no carers in the Teen group. Our Teen group are very encouraging and welcoming with their peers. Please introduce any new teens to our Leaders on the night.
This group is for Aspergers Victoria members only. If you are not a member you can come try one event and then join Aspergers Victoria at www.aspergersvic.org.au/membership-request.
This page is for booking places only.
- A parent or carer is required to accompany and is responsible for their teens/children at the venue. You can join our parent peer group who enjoy catching up on their month in another area nearby
- Parent/carers are responsible for all costs (if any) incurred by those in their group (this event has no extra costs for members)
- We welcome volunteer helpers with our services. Please contact Emma if you would like to help and if you are unable, we would welcome a tax deductible donation to support further training of our peer leaders and other volunteers
Please note: Bookings close at 7 pm on Thursday 26th April
Getting There: The Nerve Centre is the MS Australia building. There is free car parking outside the venue and in surrounding streets. If taking public transport, take the train to Blackburn Station.
Contact Details: Emma H., Administration Assistant email@example.com