Expression of Interest:
NDIS IGAP Listening Sessions
Updated Wednesday 17 August
The listening session date for Group 1 (autistic individuals aged 18 and older) has been set as Tuesday 30 August, 6.30pm to 9.30pm (online via Zoom).
If you are autistic, aged 18 or older, and you have submitted an application for an NDIS plan for yourself, we invite you to register to join the above listening session: please click Register to add your name to the list.
Note: if you have already added your name to this expression of interest, we will email you the Zoom link - you do not need to register again.
Group 2 (parents and carers) is currently on hold. We hope to be able to share further details with you soon.
About this activity
AV has been invited to participate in the NDIS Information Gathering for Access and Planning (IGAP) co-design program. This program aims to develop and introduce reforms to improve NDIS services, based on information provided by current, previous, and potential NDIS participants through a series of focus groups, known as "listening sessions".
AV are inviting members of our community to express interest in sharing your experience of the NDIS with a group of your peers in a peer-facilitated listening session. The listening sessions will be recorded and the de-identified transcript will be shared with a third party to enable development of a summary report for the IGAP Steering Committee.
How will this work?
- If you are interested in sharing your views, please add your name to the expression of interest by clicking Register.
- We will ask you how you wish to share your experience: via a listening session, via a survey, or as a short summary within the expression of interest registration form.
- There will be two streams for the listening sessions: one for autistic individuals, and one for parents / carers / support workers.
- Listening sessions will be facilitated by two peers.
How can I be involved?
You will have the opportunity to tell us how you would like to share your views be involved as part of the registration form. You can select as many of the below three options as you would like to.
- Apply to join a listening session to share your views. Invitations will be subject to the below eligibility criteria and spaces will be strictly limited.
- Request to share your views via a survey. The survey will be sent out via email.
- Share a brief summary of your experience via the expression of interest form only.
You must meet all of the below criteria to be eligible to join a listening session.
- Be an AV member aged 18 or older
- You are autistic OR you are the parent / carer of an autistic person
- You or the person you care for has a current / past NDIS plan OR a pending plan application OR has been rejected for NDIS support.
The plan / application must include support for autism.
- This Expression of Interest is open to AV members and non-members, however only current AV members will be invited to join the listening session.
- Individuals aged under 18 years are not eligible to join the listening sessions, but we invite parents and carers of autistic children to apply join the parent / carer listening session.
- Autistic individuals who have not yet submitted an NDIS plan application are welcome to share their experience via this expression of interest or via the survey, but unfortunately you are not eligible to join the listening sessions.
Completing this expression of interest form indicates that you are interested in joining a listening session, but it does not guarantee a space in one of the listening sessions. We expect that we will receive a strong response from our community, and spaces in each group will be strictly limited.
If you are interested in sharing your views, please click Register to go to the registration form.
What happens next?
- This expression of interest will close on Wednesday 10 August.
- Listening sessions will take place in late August.
Structure, days and times will depend on our community's availability and preference.
- The AV admin team will contact eligible listening session registrants to invite you to register. Spaces will be allocated in registration order, and there will be a waiting list.
- We will share further information with registrants when the groups are finalised.
For more information
If you have further questions or feedback about this activity, please contact our AV admin team.
- Call 0480 385 710, or email us.
- The AV phone is switched on from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday.
- Please note that our email inbox is not monitored outside business hours.
AV Event Terms & Conditions